Airline Interview Questions
Pilot Interview Questions
Here are some questions I found, I don’t remember where, the PDF file was on my computer. The questions are taken from an actual interview for airline pilots and answering them can improve our airmanship skills. Hope you find them useful and feel free to post answers as comments. I will try to get some more interview questions ASAP. Preparing for an interview is very important when applying for new job and is not considered cheating at all 🙂 Have fun and enjoy 🙂
Standard HR Questions:
- Tell me something about yourself that we cannot decipher from your resume or application?
- What is one accomplishment that you are very proud of?
- Why should we hire you here at XYZ airlines?
- Why shouldn’t we hire you?
- Why did you choose XYZ?
- Have you applied to any other companies?
- What, in your opinion, makes a professional pilot?
- What is one quality/personality trait, given the chance, you would change about yourself?
- How would you describe yourself in one word?
- Tell me about the toughest crew you had to deal with?
- Tell me about a time you went outside company policy?
- When was the last time you had an FAA/JAA/CAA inspector on board and how did it go?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a stressful flight?
- Tell me a time when you witnessed a crewmember do something unsafe?
- Tell us about a time you had to use your leadership skills to resolve a problem?
- Have you ever failed a check ride, and if so tell me about it?
Jepp Charts are used industry wide and it is strongly encouraged to study the charts in grave detail prior to an interview.
- Know how to Brief an Approach or finger fly an approach
- Be able to answer what any symbol is on a low altitude chart, approach plate, SID/STAR
What airplane are you most familiar with?
- What is the max Takeoff weight, Landing weight, and Ramp weight?
- What is the fuel capacity?
- Can you explain to me how the landing gear system works? (if applicable)
- Can you describe the pressurization system? (if applicable)
What is blue line?
What is V1? What is V2?
What is the difference between stating minimum fuel and declaring and emergency?
What is a balanced field?
What are the alcohol consumption regulations?
What is the IFR fuel requirement?
At what FL does RSVM begin and what are the requirements to operate within?
Be able to talk through a departure or Arrival procedure, what to do in case of lost communications, final altitude, and flight path.
Conflict Resolution Questions:
The proverbial drunken captain question, may be asked in various forms and also be ready to roll play the scenario.
- What would you do if during the van ride to the airport your captain smelled like alcohol?
- What would you do if you ran into your captain drinking within less than the regulatory 8 hours bottle to throttle?
What would you do/say if your captain (flying pilot) was 5 knots slow on Final Approach? Again this may be role played.